We redesigned the above-the-fold section for the Fan-Topia landig page to improve its usability and increase the conversion rate.
Fan-Topia is about giving creators of all kinds a platform to easily promote themselves and their content while maximising their earning and security of their content.
1. Implement a passwordless login/signup feature
The passwordless authentication provides lots of value and you can effectively eliminate almost all authentication-related customer support questions (“I forgot my password”, “How can I reset my password?”, etc.).
How does it work?
- The user enters their email address
- If the email address is known, you send them an email with a link
- The user opens their email client and clicks the link to finish their login
It’s safe and convenient. Plus, it removes the danger of having an insecure password that can easily be guessed.
We suggest implementing a social login too via Google, Twitter, etc. It will also boost signups.
Bonus tip: on mobile, it might be helpful to lead the user directly to their favorite mailbox app after you sent the link, to make the login just that little bit easier.
2. Show an explainer video above the fold
Tell your visitors what is Fan-Topia about and how it works for creators and fans. Aim for 60-90 seconds for the video length.
The video helps you describe the value proposition behind Fan-Topia using a story that conveys your message simply and engagingly.
3. Only one CTA should be prominent above the fold
Since the Signup CTA in the hero is more important for conversions, make the Login button less prominent in the header.
4. Improve the unique value proposition in the hero
Here are some questions for you to improve your value proposition:
- How are you different from your competitors?
- Highlight your unique benefits for fans too (e.g. exclusive content, security, authentic relationship with favorite creators, private messaging and tipping, no hidden fees or extras, etc).
- Do people read and understand your value proposition in 5 seconds?
- Do you use the right language?
- Who is your target customer for your product?
Start with the following formula:
- Headline. What is the end-benefit you’re offering in one short sentence? It can mention the product and/or customer. Make it an attention grabber.
- Sub-headline or a 2–3 sentence paragraph. A specific explanation of what you do/offer, for whom, and why it’s useful.
- 3 bullet points. List the key benefits or features.
- Visual. Images communicate much faster than words. Show a product image, a hero shot, or an image reinforcing your main message.
5. Add social proof and build trust (sitewide)
On the page you can add elements such as:
- “As Seen On” logos
- facebook likes
- number of customers
- reviews (aim for at least 3-5 testimonials from real customers on what they have said about Fan-Topia)
- how long you’ve been open
- security badges