CTA should be visually prominent
The CTA is often the most important element on a homepage. For a CTA your users actually click on, design a button that simply cannot be missed.
Some ideas to ensure your CTA is seen:
- Make it BIG
- Place it above the fold
- Contrast the CTA button against the background
- Surround the CTA with whitespace
- Make it the most—and first—noticed element on the page
Avoid competing graphics:
- Large navigations that take up lots of space
- Distracting fonts and colors
- Moving images
- Additional CTAs with high contrast colors
In 2000, the average human attention span in Canada was 12 seconds. By 2013, that number had fallen to 8 seconds, which also happens to be a second shorter than a goldfish.
Design the CTA with our affinity for distraction in mind.