Display key information on the cart page
Key principles for displaying cart contents are clarity and control.
- Clarity: it’s easy and obvious to understand what’s in the cart and what’s the final cost including shipping and taxes. Surprises cost down the line and make people abandon carts. It’s also crucial to keep things simple. It’s a gentle balance between upselling and efficiently getting customers down the funnel.
- Control: it’s simple to make changes (update quantity, remove products)
- Product photos
- Product name & price
- Ability to remove, save for later, change details (e.g. size)
- Show accepted payment methods
- Show total price with the option to change the shipping method
- Checkout Now button
- An upsell to add more items to the cart